Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sometimes we need to slow down...


This weekend we had a blast! Jim and I went to an event organized by one of my closets friends: Miriam. We wanted to support her on a fund raising event that her Team Awesome has been working on for Charlee Homes for Children. She's been working so enthusiastically for this foundation that I know all her efforts will be making a difference - I am really proud of her!

I also realized how quickly time has passed, as Jim and I were walking towards the club I came across young girls all cute dressed up ready to party for the night - I felt a bit old but also made me smiled remembering those days that I was one of them - the more packed the place was the more I loved it, listening to the loud music, looking over the crowd. wow! those days did I had fun!

But in the midst of all these, I learned now how important it is to slow down sometimes and reflect on things, about life and where is heading. I don't mean to be passive but it is important to stop and take a deep breath and slow down a bit. Because just like it seemed like yesterday when I was jamming in South Beach time has passed quickly. So my motto this week is to slow down, take a deep breath and be aware of what's around me. Have a great week!