Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Painting Challenge - Collages No. 6, 7 & 8

Let me just say that I love reading artists' blogs. I have found them to be informative, inspiring and also I have been lucky enough to get to know a couple of wonderful artists. But is it just me? Many of these blogs make the artists' lives seemed so perfect and have it all together. While this is one of the things that inspire me to keep pursuing my dream, I also feel helpless. I have been going through challenges in identifying my style and been consistent with it - I really have a hard time deciding and I tend to get off track easily. I have a full time job and I dedicate allot of my free time to my art. I have been fortunate to work on freelance jobs but I am still in this journey of finding my "niche". Because I think I have just been "over thinking" too much; I decided to start for myself "100 Bad paintings/creations challenge", for the solely purpose to go back to where I started since I was a little girl, enjoy creating and not worrying about where this is going to take me. Have you ever felt this way at one point of your artist life? Have you ever doubted where you life was heading? I read recently something that has resonated in me from Anais Nim: “Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.”

No comments: