Monday, March 29, 2010

Postcard from Romania




It's been almost 10 years since I took a trip to Romania and still I can remember it like it was yesterday. This trip was like no other I had taken, this was to join a volunteer group in Bucharest that would led us through the other side of the country to a small town close to Iasi (close to Russia). The ride was about 8 hours, going through the country side, I saw the beautiful landscapes, the wood carvings of the front entrances of homes, lots of children, than the scarce and destruction from the dictator years. Still with all its suffering that this country has gone through; Romanians are one of the most amazing & warm people I have encountered in my life. Remembering the warmth of the Romanians, here is a "postcard to my sister"; an illustration depicting the many Gypsies travelling by carriage that you will find throughout the country. Oh, did I mentioned I volunteered at an orphanage? maybe I'll write it in another post. Happy Monday!

4 comments:

parisa mahmoudi said...

Wow,What a beautiful illustration and text!!!!!!!!Seems you had lovely time there! :)
xoxo
Parisa

p.s.The book I'm reading is a book by Judith Hermann,a young German author.

linda said...

Wow, sounds like a wonderful time and doing such good, very cool!

Esme said...

What a beautiful postcard.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.