Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Postcard from "The Alchemist"




This is a place where I frequently visit :) - It's the place where I find myself, where I believe in my dreams, and the pursuit of my own personal journey. Where I believe that when we listen to our heart it will always leads us into the right direction.

When I was a teenager I didn't read as often as I do now; however I came across a few books that still today have touched, inspired me, and made a difference in my life. One of them is "The Alchemist" by Paolo Cohelo. This is a story of a young shepherd who lives in Spain, on a journey to fulfill his Personal Legend and find his Treasure at the Pyramids in Egypt where it takes him to all sort of adventures and life decisions: basically LIFE. If I could ever pick a story to illustrate; it will certainly be this one! This postcard is dedicated to all of us dreamers who are in their pursuit of their "personal legend" and most importantly in becoming a better person. Here I leave you with some quotes from the book:

"It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary."

"There is one great truth on this planet: whoever you are, or whatever it is that you do, when you really want something, it's because that desire originated in the soul of the universe. It's your mission on earth."


"There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”

"When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too."


“When you want something with all your heart, that’s when you are closest to the Soul of the World. It’s always a positive force."

"Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure. You’ve got to find the treasure, so that everything you have learned along the way can make sense."

1 comment:

linda said...

Oh wow, wonderful quotes and I'm sure a beautiful story. I always want to read more, but find it hard to stop and just sit down and pick up a book. Too much internet perhaps :) I love your art...the sheep are SUPER CUTE!